Jennifer Sevigney Durand
PRACTICE AREAS & EXPERIENCE
Upon her graduation from Northeastern University School of Law, Jennifer clerked for two years for the justices of the Massachusetts Probate & Family Court. Since joining Schmidt & Federico, P.C. in 2001, her practice has focused in all areas of domestic relations and family law, including divorce, custody, modification and contempt actions. Her cases include complex business valuation cases and custody matters as well as other complex family law cases. Jennifer is also a trained conciliator.
From 2008 through 2015, Jennifer served on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, serving as President from April 2013 to April 2014. In addition, Jennifer has been a member of the Family Law Section since 2006, serving as co-chair from 2012 to 2014. As a co-chair of the Boston Bar Association CLE committee from 2007 through 2012) and the AFCC (as a member of the Conference Committee from 2006 to 2013), Jennifer has been involved with the planning of numerous continuing education programs on a variety of family law topics. She was also recently named co-chair of the BBA’s Public Oversight Committee (2015) and was elected to the BBA Council in 2015. Jennifer is also a co-author of the Separation Agreement chapter of the Massachusetts Divorce Law Practice Manual, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
– Graduate of Providence College (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1996)
– Northeastern University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
– Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (1999)
– United States District Court, District of Massachusetts (2000)
– Co-Chair of the Family Law Section Steering Committee of the Boston Bar Association (BBA) (previously served as the Co-Chair of the BBA Family Law Section Continuing Education Subcommittee)
– Member of the Board of Directors (President) of the Massachusetts Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2008-present
– Member of the American and Massachusetts Bar Associations (Family Law Sections)
– Listed as “Rising Star” in the Boston Magazine, New England Super Lawyer (2008-2012 editions)