Jennifer Sevigney Durand
Jennifer is a partner at Schmidt & Federico, P.C., where she specializes in the representation of clients in all aspects of family law and domestic relations including custody and parenting plans; removal cases; alimony and child support; asset division including complex business valuation cases; modification actions; contempt actions; and, paternity actions. Jennifer is also a trained Conciliator and a mentor for the Women’s Bar Foundation’s Family Law Project. Prior to joining Schmidt & Federico, P.C. in September 2001, Ms. Durand clerked for two years for the justices of the Massachusetts Probate & Family Court.
She is the co-author of Divorce Law Practice Manual, Chapter 13 Marital Agreements, MCLE, 3rd Edition 2nd Supplement, 2016 and has lectured on taxation issues in divorce.
In addition to her practice, Jennifer devotes a considerable amount of time to the Boston Bar Association (“BBA”). She currently sits on the BBA Council and the BBA Executive Committee. Additionally, since 2006 she has been a member of the Boston Bar Association Family Law Section, serving as Co-Chair of the Section from 2012 to 2014. Jennifer also sits on the Public Service Oversight Committee of the BBA and currently serves as the Chair of the Committee.
Jennifer is a member of the Greater Boston Family Law American Inn of Court and the Massachusetts Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (“AFCC”). She served on the Board of Directors for the Massachusetts Chapter of AFCC from 2008 through 2015 and served as President of the Board from April 2013 through April 2014.
– Graduate of Providence College (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1996)
– Northeastern University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
– Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (1999)
– United States District Court, District of Massachusetts (2000)
– Council Member, Boston Car Association Council (September 2015 – present)
– Executive Committee Member, Boston Bar Association (September 2016 – present)
– Member of the Family Law Section Steering Committee of the Boston Bar Association (BBA) (served as the Co-Chair of the Section from September 2012 – August 2014)
– Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2008-present (Former President)
– Member of the Greater Boston Family Law American Inn of Court
– Member of the American and Massachusetts Bar Associations (Family Law Sections)
– Listed as “Super Lawyer” in Boston Magazine, New England Super Lawyer (2015-2016 editions)
– Listed as “Rising Star” in Boston Magazine, New England Super Lawyer (2008-2012 editions)
– Co-Administrator, Stoughton Youth Flag Football League, Board of Directors