Phyllis E. Federico
PRACTICE AREAS & EXPERIENCE
For over twenty-six years, Phyllis has specialized in the trial of complex domestic relations and family law matters and has worked with a number of prestigious firms specializing in this area of the law. In 1994, she was one of the founding partners of Schmidt & Federico, P.C
Phyllis’ practice encompasses all aspects of matrimonial and domestic relations law, including divorce, custody, modifications, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, and paternity. She handles high-conflict disputes with an emphasis on business valuation and custody litigation. She has chaired and been a panel member of many continuing education programs for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, (“MCLE”), the Boston Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Massachusetts Association of Guardians ad Litem, (“MAGAL”), the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, (“AFCC”) and has been a guest lecturer at Boston College Law School and Suffolk University Law School. Phyllis has authored many articles on family law practice. She is the co-editor of the MCLE publication “Massachusetts Divorce Law Practice Manual” and has co-authored the Separation Agreement Chapter for that publication for many years. She is the Co-Author of the Massachusetts Family Law Source Book and Citator. She is listed in Naifeh & Smith’s “Best Lawyers in America,” has been listed as one of Boston Magazine’s top fifty female attorneys and has been included as a Super Lawyer in Boston Magazine in the category of family law since 2004 as well as “New England Super Lawyers.”
– Graduate of the State University of New York, Binghamton (B.A., 1982)
– Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 1985)
– Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (1985) and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (1986).
– Member of the Boston Bar Association (Former Chair of the Family Law Section)
– Massachusetts Bar Association (Family Law Section Council; Former Co-Chair
– Recent Developments Committee) and American Bar Associations
– Massachusetts Family & Probate Inns of Court (Secretary; Past President)
– Fellow, Boston Bar Foundation; Board of Trustees of Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (Past President)
– Listed in “Best Lawyers in America,” Woodward & White.
– Listed as one of Boston Magazine’s “Super Lawyers” and one of the top fifty female attorneys